Remove this ad

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2821 [url]

Jun 26 17 12:36 PM

In fact, we still need about 325 posts to reach the 5,000 mark for the year to date. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#2824 [url]

Jul 5 17 8:08 AM

Posh Imp wrote:
Can you explain how the Super 8s go, Dean?

The super 8's are very straightforward. The top 8 sides after the 23 game regular season (23 because of an extra game on neutral a ground at magic weekend when all clubs play over 2 days) play each other with the top 4 getting the extra home game. The top 4 at the end of that play of for the title. RL for the most of it's history has had some form of play off to decide the champions. The super 8's is a complete nonsense as the teams carry the regular season's points forward and since this format has been in place the top 4 at end of the regular season have been the top 4 at the end of the super 8's. The team finishing 8th last season could not make 4th place as they were more than 14 points back from 4th. It is being looked at by the RFL with a lot of input from the clubs of how to make more meaningful games. Before the super 8's the top 4 played off and it made much more sense. The super 8's were designed to give teams more games which it has. The format is completely wrong however. The middle 8's which is the bottom 4 of SL and the top 4 of the championship playing a round robin the 4th and 5th placed playing a 1 off game at the home of the 4th placed side to decide on promotion or relegation. Most fans I have spoken to want to see a return to automatic promotion and relegation with the bottom side relegated and top side promoted. Then 2nd bottom v 2nd top in a 1 off play off on a neutral ground to settle the final SL place. If you were not confused before you will be now. All as clear as mud.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2825 [url]

Jul 5 17 3:31 PM

Dean B wrote:

Posh Imp wrote:

The super 8's are very straightforward. The top 8 sides after the 23 game regular season (23 because of an extra game on neutral a ground at magic weekend when all clubs play over 2 days) play each other with the top 4 getting the extra home game. The top 4 at the end of that play of for the title. RL for the most of it's history has had some form of play off to decide the champions. The super 8's is a complete nonsense as the teams carry the regular season's points forward and since this format has been in place the top 4 at end of the regular season have been the top 4 at the end of the super 8's. The team finishing 8th last season could not make 4th place as they were more than 14 points back from 4th. It is being looked at by the RFL with a lot of input from the clubs of how to make more meaningful games. Before the super 8's the top 4 played off and it made much more sense. The super 8's were designed to give teams more games which it has. The format is completely wrong however. The middle 8's which is the bottom 4 of SL and the top 4 of the championship playing a round robin the 4th and 5th placed playing a 1 off game at the home of the 4th placed side to decide on promotion or relegation. Most fans I have spoken to want to see a return to automatic promotion and relegation with the bottom side relegated and top side promoted. Then 2nd bottom v 2nd top in a 1 off play off on a neutral ground to settle the final SL place. If you were not confused before you will be now. All as clear as mud.

Thanks for making that clearer mate. I think.

So the team finishing top may not be the Champions?

Quote    Reply   

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#2826 [url]

Jul 5 17 4:56 PM

Posh Imp wrote:

Dean B wrote:

Posh Imp wrote:

Thanks for making that clearer mate. I think.

So the team finishing top may not be the Champions?

The team finishing top get the league leaders shield. Cas have never won that and most Cas fans would be delighted if that was all we won. The progress at the club is phenomenal. Of course it would be nice to be champions as well, but never won that either so whatever comes along will be gratefully accepted.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2829 [url]

Jul 5 17 8:07 PM

Posh Imp wrote:
Nice to see the board getting a bit busier at last. Thanks everyone.

Soon be time to discuss games, even if it is just pre-season friendlies!

Quote    Reply   

Impecunious

Gott in Himmel!

#2830 [url]

Jul 5 17 8:35 PM

I loved that item on Lincolnshirelive claiming Sincil Bank is 14th most beautiful ground in Britain.....until I saw Blundell Park and Bootham Crescent were rated higher. What a total waste of a webpage.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2831 [url]

Jul 5 17 8:46 PM

Impecunious wrote:
I loved that item on Lincolnshirelive claiming Sincil Bank is 14th most beautiful ground in Britain.....until I saw Blundell Park and Bootham Crescent were rated higher. What a total waste of a webpage.

Just one person's opinion, I believe. I could have done that, but I know which ground would have been higher between Sincil Bank and Blundell Park!!

Quote    Reply   

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#2832 [url]

Jul 6 17 6:12 AM

Cas away at Wakefield this evening. The derby game with both sides having their best season in years, both in the top half of the table when one or the other for the last 10 years has been entrenched in the bottom half. On Sky KO 20:00, a win for Cas puts them 10 points clear meaning they just need 6 points for a guaranteed top 4 finish with 9 games to play and just 9 points from winning the league leaders shield. With the other 4 in the top 6 playing each other, this could potentially be a very good weekend for Classy Cas. #COYF

Quote    Reply   

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#2833 [url]

Jul 6 17 9:10 PM

Awful 1st half wakey 16-0 up. 2nd half Cas found what they were missing 1st half and won it with a Luke Gale drop goal to win 24-25. 10 points clear tonight. I will sleep well tonight.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2834 [url]

Jul 7 17 5:40 AM

Dean B wrote:
Awful 1st half wakey 16-0 up. 2nd half Cas found what they were missing 1st half and won it with a Luke Gale drop goal to win 24-25. 10 points clear tonight. I will sleep well tonight.

Now that is some turn round!

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2835 [url]

Jul 8 17 4:56 PM

In keeping with the historical nature of this thread, we are having Chinese stir-fry for tea tonight.

With some nice Mediterranean bread.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2837 [url]

Jul 9 17 9:54 AM

Dean B wrote:
Donald Duck! Is what the presidential bodyguards will shout if someone attempts to shoot the US President.

Class!!!

Quote    Reply   

davidimp

Time I got out more!

#2838 [url]

Jul 9 17 2:23 PM

Biting the bullet and get shot of sky tv, when my current deal runs out with them it will cost me an eye-watering £65 for my current channels! Going to get myself a freesat box and live without sky sports.
MOTD has the prem highlights so I can Spurs that way and channel 5 will have the Imps goals on so I'm sure I'll manage.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2839 [url]

Jul 9 17 4:45 PM

davidimp wrote:
Biting the bullet and get shot of sky tv, when my current deal runs out with them it will cost me an eye-watering £65 for my current channels! Going to get myself a freesat box and live without sky sports.
MOTD has the prem highlights so I can Spurs that way and channel 5 will have the Imps goals on so I'm sure I'll manage.

As I will be fully retired come September (I actually finish on Tuesday 18 July) because school are not renewing my contract (I am too expensive apparently!) I am also thinking of ways to save money. Sky is on the list of things to look at!

I already saved on my home contents insurance which was up for renewal. As I pay monthly, the charge this year (for the year) was going to be £438 but I decided to reduce the cost by paying once a year which would have been £406 thus saving £32 over the year. Whilst talking to the guy I asked if he could sort out a bit of discount for me as I was retiring. Believe it or not, the cost reduced to £248 with EXACTLY THE SAME BENEFITS!!!

Needless to say, I snapped his hand off. It's well worth talking to people, David, tell them you are going to leave them and see what happens. I did that with Sky recently and got £21.50 knocked off my monthly bill. Mind you, I'm still paying £71.50 so will be looking at that one again.

Quote    Reply   

davidimp

Time I got out more!

#2840 [url]

Jul 9 17 5:47 PM

If I get freesat I get pretty much the same number of channels and the ones we watch the most apart from the sport channels.Will the ability to record and series link and pause the programme.
Best thing to do is to cancel and then in a few months they will come back with a really good deal and hopefully I'll be earning a bit more to pay for it and at the moment I really can't afford it, Shona's uniform, birthday and our holiday are more important.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help