Remove this ad

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

Site Admin

Lead

May 19 17 5:18 PM

Tags : :

There must be so many to choose from but mine would certainly include...

Nathan Arnold's decisive goal Vs Ipswich, especially when you watch it with the commentary from Michael Hortin!

Watching Mark Cooper's smug look wiped well and truly from his face during the amazing 2-3 win at FGR.

Being behind that goal at Burnley when one centre half, Luke Waterfall, headed a corner back across goal for the other centre half, Sean Raggett, to head into the goal right at the end of the game for a mighty win and knowing we were into the QUARTER FINALS of the FA Cup. I was on cloud nine for a number of days after that!

Matt Rhead's defiant look after he scored Vs Dagenham on 3rd April.

Simply being amongst the most fans ever to have watched Lincoln City in a game; Arsenal away.

You?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

davidimp

Time I got out more!

#1 [url]

May 19 17 9:08 PM

So many amazing memories weren't there, from a season none well ever forget!

I'm going to struggle with just 5 if I'm honest.

1. First 20 minutes against North Ferriby we just blow them away, a statement of intent in our first home game.

2. 3-0 v Gateshead for me still our best home performance of the season another team we just put away with relish!

3. The FGR comeback the moment we showed the all our rivals we meant business.

4. 2-1 v Tranmere another promotion rival put away.

5. The day out at Ipswich, Shona's first proper away game and what day out she like the rest of us loved every moment including her macca ds on the way home!

6. Arnold's goal in the 90th minute v Ipswich just amazing!

7. Beating Brighton 3-1 to reach the 5th round for the first in god knows how long! In the pub after it was a mixture of delight and disbelief!

8. Mr Hortin's commentary of Raggett goal at Burnley, WOW!!!!

9. The day we went to Arsenal, we lost 5-0 but he who cares we'd made history!

10. Habergham's free kick moments after Anderson'e leveller v Torquay just amazing!

11. Arnold's wonder goal in the 93rd minute again moments after we got a leveller, I was there and boy we went mental!!!

12. Hawkridge's winner v Macc, you may have left us now Terry but I'll never forget that strike along with every Imp in the world.

Sorry I've done 12 Eric but it's the fewest I could do and could easily have done double that.

Just highlight after highlight!

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2 [url]

May 20 17 7:16 AM

davidimp wrote:
So many amazing memories weren't there, from a season none well ever forget!

I'm going to struggle with just 5 if I'm honest.

1. First 20 minutes against North Ferriby we just blow them away, a statement of intent in our first home game.

2. 3-0 v Gateshead for me still our best home performance of the season another team we just put away with relish!

3. The FGR comeback the moment we showed the all our rivals we meant business.

4. 2-1 v Tranmere another promotion rival put away.

5. The day out at Ipswich, Shona's first proper away game and what day out she like the rest of us loved every moment including her macca ds on the way home!

6. Arnold's goal in the 90th minute v Ipswich just amazing!

7. Beating Brighton 3-1 to reach the 5th round for the first in god knows how long! In the pub after it was a mixture of delight and disbelief!

8. Mr Hortin's commentary of Raggett goal at Burnley, WOW!!!!

9. The day we went to Arsenal, we lost 5-0 but he who cares we'd made history!

10. Habergham's free kick moments after Anderson'e leveller v Torquay just amazing!

11. Arnold's wonder goal in the 93rd minute again moments after we got a leveller, I was there and boy we went mental!!!

12. Hawkridge's winner v Macc, you may have left us now Terry but I'll never forget that strike along with every Imp in the world.

Sorry I've done 12 Eric but it's the fewest I could do and could easily have done double that.

Just highlight after highlight!

Please feel free to add more!

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#3 [url]

May 20 17 7:17 AM

How about Rhead's last-minute equaliser Vs Aldershot? The atmosphere in the ground was simply ecstatic.

Quote    Reply   

davidimp

Time I got out more!

#4 [url]

May 20 17 3:08 PM

Rheady's lovely bit of skill against Boreham Wood, pure class that!
Agree on his 96th minute leveller at home to Aldershot, remember saying to Shona at the time that could be a very important goal and point, so it proved.

Quote    Reply   

Davethe cardboardbox

almost a Demi-God

#5 [url]

May 20 17 6:36 PM

All of the above well summed up by David ,surreal moments when i was in meetings and Danny would come in and talk football for an hour.
​Had such an insight this season to the efforts put in can this one coming be anything like it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jal

Klingon Chancellor

#6 [url]

May 21 17 6:49 AM

The build up to Arnolds goal against Ipswich.
Their free kick, Powers header to Marriot, Marriot's vision to hold the ball up until Arnold was ready ro receive it.
Then Arnold doing what he did calmly rounding their stranded keeper to roll the ball into the net

Quote    Reply   

davidimp

Time I got out more!

#7 [url]

May 21 17 12:53 PM

The first comeback win at Macc always important, did quite a few of them over the season, including our last 3 wins.

Quote    Reply   

davidimp

Time I got out more!

#8 [url]

May 21 17 1:15 PM

Really the most important of the season happened on May 13th 2016 when the Cowley brothers took over the management of our football club, everything changed then.

Quote    Reply   

The Rottweiler

an Imps fan from another dimension

#9 [url]

May 23 17 12:03 PM

1. Arrival of DC/NC.
2. Automatic promotion.
3. Reception with received as supporters at Ipswich & Arsenal (Incidentally a member of Arsenal's supporter group nominated the "Impvasion" as best away supporters of the season).
4. Habergham's free kick v. Torquay.
5. The fightback at Forest Green.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#10 [url]

Jun 1 17 9:48 AM

Anything else to add?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply