Remove this ad

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

Site Admin

Lead

Jun 23 17 3:37 PM

Tags : :

Indeed, it has been announced today that Club Captain Alan Power has joined Scottish Premier club Kilmarnock on a two-year deal.

I wish him well in his new venture and thank him for his loyal service to Lincoln City.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#2 [url]

Jun 23 17 5:43 PM

Posh Imp wrote:
Indeed, it has been announced today that Club Captain Alan Power has joined Scottish Premier club Kilmarnock on a two-year deal.

I wish him well in his new venture and thank him for his loyal service to Lincoln City.

He was only ever going to be a bit part player here this season he only started 14 last season. A sad reflection of the standard of football in Scotland if a player who could only start around 1/4 of matches in Division 5 in England becomes a starter at his age in Scotland. He was club captain of the poorest City side in our history. Picked up a card every 4.4 games, and his shadow can start a fight. Good luck to the lad.

Quote    Reply   

davidimp

Time I got out more!

#3 [url]

Jun 23 17 7:57 PM

Those two penalties last season against Guiseley and Brighton showed his character but as Dean says the number of yellow and red cards was always a worry and must whenever he went in for a tackle I winced and feared the worst and the worst often happened. His final act I can remember was his red against Chester yet another reckless tackle.
Good luck to him mind and getting a 2 year deal to play in the SPL at nearly 30 is cracking for him and his young family and also shows just how poor the general standard of that league.
Just wondered if the Cowleys think league 2 is a 5 a side league????

Quote    Reply   

cherryexile

renewable energy poster

#4 [url]

Jun 23 17 11:04 PM

I respect his loyalty to the club and his desire to do his best in the shirt cannot be questioned by anyone. Showed flashes of excellence, tempered by his disciplinary record. In particular I remember a spin turn in the middle of the park in the FA Cup win away at Walsall that was a class above and took me a while to work out how he had created so much space for himself. Often felt he just needed to step up half a step, but couldn't quite manage it. Maybe higher up the pyramid he will have that bit more time fulfil his potential. I wish him and his family all the best, I genuinely hope it is the right move for him, and I would have been quite happy to have seen him stay; but I don't think his departure (or Hawkridge's for that matter) affects what we do this season.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help