Sufcinpeace

poster

#21 [url]

Sep 30 10 11:30 AM

Can a Southend boy join in please

1. Male or female? Male

2. Age? 49

3. How far from Roots Hall? 12 miles

4. Your first ever game watching the Shrimpers and what made you go to that game? 1968,went my brother to watch us play Northampton Town

5. Your all-time favourite match and why?
Beating Man Utd who had a full strength team out and Freddy Eastwood scored from that free kick magic night

6. Your all-time favourite player and why?

1980 goal keeper Mervyn Cawston, would be an England International with todays crop playing

7. Favourite ground visited to watch the Shrimpers?

Millenium Stadium Cardiff

8. The best goal you ever saw an ISouthends player score?

Adrian Clarke v Brighton run from own box,ran down the field and scored flying through tackles, was his last game for us as well,as the manager had released him the day before

9. Who would you most like to see Southend sign? (Realistic choices please!)

Drewe Broughton legend with us,and perhaps Adam Lefondre of Rotherham

10. Which former player would you like to see back ?

Drewe Broughton and Freddy Eastwood

11. Which was your most disappointing moment following the Shrimpers?

Seing Manager Tilson sacked in a most unforgivng way

12. ...and your most pleasing moment?
Three generations of my family watching us beat Man Utd,special night

13. Which was your favourite Cup game (all Cups qualify)?
Boring again Man Utd

14. What is your biggest moan about the Shrimpers
?
Fans who never seen us in div 4 and moan about our plight now

15. Who, in your opinion, was the worst player you ever saw in an Southend shirt?
Gordon Connelly and Michael Ricketts

16. ...and who was the best? (Doesn't have to be the same as your favourite player.)

Freddy Eastwood was class and wasted his talent

17. Since you have been watching the Shrimpers, which has been the best season for you, and why?

1980 when us and Lincoln battled for the title we had a classy team them,and did you on the line

18. In your opinion, who would you like to see as manager of the Southend? (Again, please be realistic.)

Hmm if Martin O'neill would like to cut his teeth again in the lower leagues

19. Who, in your opinion, has been Utd best manager?

1980 Dave Smith different game and money to nowadays

20. Realistically, where would you like to see the Shrimpersin say five and then ten years time?

Five years financially secure,ten years chasing for Championship division football not conference which is a realistic chance this year !!

Following Steve Tilson with pride and hope for you Imps fan

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

keith47424

The almighty is risen!

#22 [url]

Jan 12 12 5:18 PM

Its been a long time since someone filled this in so here is mine for what it is worth.

1. Male or female?
Male

2. Age?

3. How far from Sincil Bank?
range">67

4. Your first ever game watching the Imps and what made you go to that game?

Torquay home 5-0 12/11/80

Imps 9 Bomo 0. And I got to meet the players afterwards.

It could be Phil Neale, Gordon Hobson, Ainsworth, GTF, Huckerby, Puttnam etc but it is none of them. I go for David Magic Johnson. Great player who frustrated a lot but was very entertaining.

7. Favourite ground visited to watch the Imps?

Millenium

8. The best goal you ever saw an Imps player score?

Mark Smith thunder bolt away at Carlisle.

9. Who would you most like to see Lincoln City sign? (Realistic choices please!)

Any striker please.

10. Which former player would you like to see back at the Bank, playing for the Imps?

GTF

11. Which was your most disappointing moment following the Imps?

Losing both play off finals, getting relegating twice to the conference.

Seeing the Imps play in Europe. Even if it was only a friendly in Germany against Celle.

Away at Manchester City when Bos won it 1-0.

14. What is your biggest moan about the Imps?

We are tishe

15. Who, in your opinion, was the worst player you ever saw in an Imps shirt?

Broughton, B Hutchinson

16. ...and who was the best? (Doesn't have to be the same as your favourite player.)

Wallington

17. Since you have been watching the Imps, which has been the best season for you, and why?

Keiths first stint in charge as it was my first year to have a season ticket.

18. In your opinion, who would you like to see as manager of the Imps? (Again, please be realistic.)

Jacko

19. Who, in your opinion, has been City's best manager?

Colin Murphy

20. Realistically, where would you like to see the Imps in say five and then ten years time?
Hopefully back in the proper leagues and solvent.

Winner of the Double 2013-2014. ClapThumbsup
But doing even more poo this season than ever before and it is getting worse and worse and worse to a point that I think I may have to give up. In fact some may think that I have given up already. Cry

Quote    Reply   

cherryexile

renewable energy poster

#23 [url]

Jan 18 12 6:08 PM

1. Male or female?
Male

2. Age?

113.4 miles

Lincoln vs. Doncaster 1976. My dad took me.

Stockport 2 - 4 Lincoln. I had been taken my son to about 6 games and he had never seen us win and they had only scored 2 goals, so it was wonderful to share his excitement.

Phil Neale. His name stuck out from the programme of the first game I went to and I followed his football career and Cricket career for the next 20 years. Classy left back who could have played at a much higher level.

Elland Road. Leeds were always my 'other' team.

Geoff Horsfield's screamer from outside the box. Not sure what else he did for us.

9. Who would you most like to see Lincoln City sign? (Realistic choices please!)
Anyone who is better in their position than what we've got.

10. Which former player would you like to see back at the Bank, playing for the Imps?
Lee Beevers - so versatile adn gave his all.

Relegation to the Conference last year.

Having Graham Taylor and John Ward present me with the Lincoln area Cubs Cup Winners Medal in 1976.

First 75 minutes of the League Cup replay against Southampton.

The fans never really believe they are going to win and rarely get behind the team when we go behind.

Kevin Gall

Jamie Forrester

17. Since you have been watching the Imps, which has been the best season for you, and why?
1982. Highest finish and really believed we were a Football Team with a future. How wrong was I.

18. In your opinion, who would you like to see as manager of the Imps? (Again, please be realistic.)
Scott Kerr - you wouldn't worry about one of his teams turning in a shift.

Graham Taylor

20. Realistically, where would you like to see the Imps in say five and then ten years time?
5 years back in the football league
10 years Division 1

Yeah, whatever.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#24 [url]

Mar 24 14 10:15 PM

Well, it has been over two years since anyone added a post to this thread. It makes very interesting reading, though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

keith47424

The almighty is risen!

#25 [url]

Mar 24 14 11:25 PM

Doesn't it just. And how many of the people who posted on this still post on the main forum? Not many really but for me that it probably better as we get good debates without silly idiots putting in rubbish remarks.

Quote    Reply   

Impecunious

Gott in Himmel!

#26 [url]

Jul 27 15 8:16 PM

Suppose I should fill this in, jut to confirm I'm barking. 

1. Male or female?  Male 
2. Age?  Getting close to three score and ten 
3. How far from Sincil Bank?  17 miles, Sleaford 
4. Your first ever game watching the Imps and what made you go to that game?  27 Oct 1956 v Leicester Lost  2-3. My dad made me go ! 
5. Your all-time favourite match and why? 25 December 1957, last City home game on Christmas Day. Jimmy Hill played for Fulham 
6. Your all-time favourite player and why? I aspired to play in goal so has to be the incomparable David Felgate. 
7. Favourite ground visited to watch the Imps? This will sound daft but I loved going to Scarborough. 
8. The best goal you ever saw an Imps player score?  Gisbert Bos against Mansfield that got him into bother with Beck 
9. Who would you most like to see Lincoln City sign? (Realistic choices please!) At this moment I wouldn't have a clue. 
10. Which former player would you like to see back at the Bank, playing for the Imps? Sam Clucas - fat chance. 
11. Which was your most disappointing moment following the Imps? Dropping out of the football league. Don't know which time was worse.... 
12. ...and your most pleasing moment? The miracle escape of 57/58 - a snowstorm in March abandonment, 6 wins on the bounce, still not sure I believe it. 
13. Which was your favourite Cup game (all Cups qualify)? City 4 Man City 1 
14. What is your biggest moan about the Imps? Closing the Stacey West/Railway End to home supporters. Loved it, especially in the many years it was terracing. 
15. Who, in your opinion, was the worst player you ever saw in an Imps shirt? Drew Broughton 
16. ...and who was the best? (Doesn't have to be the same as your favourite player.) George Hannah, yes I was only 12 but he was very special. 
17. Since you have been watching the Imps, which has been the best season for you, and why? 1981/82. Not quite a success but what a team. 
18. In your opinion, who would you like to see as manager of the Imps? (Again, please be realistic.) At this moment I wouldn't have a clue. 
19. Who, in your opinion, has been City's best manager? Colin Murphy 
20. Realistically, where would you like to see the Imps in say five and then ten years time? I'd just like to be seeing the Imps in 5 and 10 years time. Take that whichever way takes your fancy... 

Last Edited By: Impecunious Jul 31 15 7:45 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

katejackson

fusion poster

#27 [url]

Jul 29 15 10:10 PM

Suppose I should fill this out.....

1. Male or female?
I'll let you lot decide that one :P

2. Age?

About a mile or so.

A game against Scunny in 1991. I had taken part in one of the half time kids courses when I was 6 or 7 and got free tickets. The first game I actually paid to be at was a home game against Blackpool in September 2000, a few days after I turned 16.

The only games that keep coming to mind is the 5-3 game against Scunny in the Playoffs and the 5-4 defeat against Fulham ten years ago.

Permanent Player - Probably Lee Frecklington, Loan - Davide Somma

No overwhelming favourite but the ones that stand out are Leyton Orient (before redevelopment), Rochdale and Mansfield

Again, quite a few some straight to mind - Richard Butcher vs Mansfield in 2003/4, Dean Keates vs Bury in 2005/6, Matthew Saunders vs Hereford in 2009/10. I'm probably missing quite a few obvious ones but those three came straight to mind.

Maybe not right now but if we ever got in the FL again and he was interested, I'd love to see Freck come back.

Same as above.

Relegation to the Conference and missing out in the Playoffs when we were beaten by teams who we outplayed.

When Yeo scored that goal against Torquay. It was my first season in which I had been to every game and it just meant so much when that shot flew into the net. I even broke down crying.

The 5-4 loss to Fulham. To come from two goals behind twice against a strong Fulham side was a testament to the attitude that Keith Alexander installed.

I'd rather not get injured.

Patrick Kanyuka by a country mile.

Jamie Forrester - The most intelligent footballer I've seen play for the club. Not only a consistent goalscorer, but consistently created chances for others.

2002/3 - Relegation favourites and made the Playoffs, that despite being constantly written off.

You know what, I'm going to be controversial and say Brian Laws. Consistently gotten results at numerous clubs.

Bill Anderson or Graham Taylor. Had he won promotion, I would have included Keith Alexander in that trio.

I'd be happy just as long as the club is still in existence.....and preferably back in the Football League. I think that if we got one promotion then another would follow within a few years.

Quote    Reply   

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#28 [url]

Feb 16 17 1:57 PM

Sufcinpeace wrote:
Can a Southend boy join in please

1. Male or female? Male

2. Age? 49

3. How far from Roots Hall? 12 miles

4. Your first ever game watching the Shrimpers and what made you go to that game? 1968,went my brother to watch us play Northampton Town

Beating Man Utd who had a full strength team out and Freddy Eastwood scored from that free kick magic night

1980 goal keeper Mervyn Cawston, would be an England International with todays crop playing

7. Favourite ground visited to watch the Shrimpers?

Millenium Stadium Cardiff

8. The best goal you ever saw an ISouthends player score?

Adrian Clarke v Brighton run from own box,ran down the field and scored flying through tackles, was his last game for us as well,as the manager had released him the day before

9. Who would you most like to see Southend sign? (Realistic choices please!)

Drewe Broughton legend with us,and perhaps Adam Lefondre of Rotherham

10. Which former player would you like to see back ?

Drewe Broughton and Freddy Eastwood

11. Which was your most disappointing moment following the Shrimpers?

Seing Manager Tilson sacked in a most unforgivng way

Three generations of my family watching us beat Man Utd,special night

Boring again Man Utd

14. What is your biggest moan about the Shrimpers
?
Fans who never seen us in div 4 and moan about our plight now

15. Who, in your opinion, was the worst player you ever saw in an Southend shirt?
Gordon Connelly and Michael Ricketts

Freddy Eastwood was class and wasted his talent

17. Since you have been watching the Shrimpers, which has been the best season for you, and why?

1980 when us and Lincoln battled for the title we had a classy team them,and did you on the line

18. In your opinion, who would you like to see as manager of the Southend? (Again, please be realistic.)

Hmm if Martin O'neill would like to cut his teeth again in the lower leagues

19. Who, in your opinion, has been Utd best manager?

1980 Dave Smith different game and money to nowadays

20. Realistically, where would you like to see the Shrimpersin say five and then ten years time?

Five years financially secure,ten years chasing for Championship division football not conference which is a realistic chance this year !!

Can anyone realistically have said they wanted Drewe Broughton back????????????????

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help