Remove this ad

spimps

Time I got out more!

Lead

Dec 3 10 8:41 PM

Tags : :

Now the bid has been lost and the recriminations start I just wondered what difference it would have made,if it had been succesful to a lower league club like lincoln.
Might have put a few on the gate I suppose but can't see what other difference it would have made.
National football isn't as importnt for me as City,progress for the Imps would be my preference.

It's all up hill from here !
Le tour grande departe 2014 YORKSHIRE !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#1 [url]

Dec 4 10 8:57 AM

Imps first and England next. Always has been and always will be!

We've got (another) new manager. Will he be a very good manager? I do hope so.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#2 [url]

Feb 23 14 8:45 PM

spimps wrote:
Now the bid has been lost and the recriminations start I just wondered what difference it would have made,if it had been succesful to a lower league club like lincoln.
Might have put a few on the gate I suppose but can't see what other difference it would have made.
National football isn't as importnt for me as City,progress for the Imps would be my preference.

I still cannot believe that they gave a World Cup to a country like Quatar!

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#4 [url]

Dec 29 15 7:23 PM

With the UEFA investigations into the possible 'fixing' of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups still without an outcome, I was wondering if it isn't already too late to change the first of those? Russia will have spent millions on infrastructure, so would it be fair to take the competition away from them so late on? There would be lots of litigation, surely?

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#5 [url]

Oct 29 16 8:32 PM

Just to remember Brian who started this thread back in 2010. I still miss you so much, you were my number 2.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#6 [url]

Oct 29 16 8:33 PM

Oh, and why hasn't the UEFA investigation NOT come up with any answers yet? Will the next two World Cups take place in both Russia and then Quatar?

Quote    Reply   

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#7 [url]

Oct 30 16 10:28 PM

Posh Imp wrote:
Oh, and why hasn't the UEFA investigation NOT come up with any answers yet? Will the next two World Cups take place in both Russia and then Quatar?

It would be nice to see a boycott by the major footballing countries of both and someone somehow set up an alternative tournament which IMO would almost certainly kill off the still corrupt governing body.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#8 [url]

Oct 31 16 7:53 AM

Dean B wrote:

Posh Imp wrote:

It would be nice to see a boycott by the major footballing countries of both and someone somehow set up an alternative tournament which IMO would almost certainly kill off the still corrupt governing body.

I think I agree with those thoughts. Trouble is, the qualifying matches for the 2018 World Cup in Russia are already well under way throughout the world. Maybe leave Russia be and just do it for Qatar.

Quote    Reply   

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#9 [url]

Oct 31 16 5:35 PM

I was thinking more in terms of the top 24 countries running their own WC event. Qualification did not come into my thinking. Let the rest let them call themselves Champions if they want the whole world would know it was tinpot.If the German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian, Argentinian and English FA's got their heads together they could make it happen. I am sure TV companies would be falling over themselves to cover the event. I personally think the Russian and Qatar World Cup events should be boycotted on human rights grounds in any case. Never mind how corrupt FIFA were in taking back handers in awarding them the tournaments the human rights and civil rights records of the 2 countries are appalling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#10 [url]

Oct 31 16 9:30 PM

Dean B wrote:
I was thinking more in terms of the top 24 countries running their own WC event. Qualification did not come into my thinking. Let the rest let them call themselves Champions if they want the whole world would know it was tinpot.If the German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian, Argentinian and English FA's got their heads together they could make it happen. I am sure TV companies would be falling over themselves to cover the event. I personally think the Russian and Qatar World Cup events should be boycotted on human rights grounds in any case. Never mind how corrupt FIFA were in taking back handers in awarding them the tournaments the human rights and civil rights records of the 2 countries are appalling.

Again, I cannot disagree with that.

The problem is, and always has been, corrupt officials at the top  of the FIFA tree getting too much above themselves so as to gain the most income for themselves! Why else would a tiny country like Qatar, who have NEVER qualified for any of the final competitions to date, be given the Final Tournament in the first place? It really does beggar belief!

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#11 [url]

Oct 31 16 9:33 PM

Especially when there are so many countries who have previously played in the finals, but haven't been given the chance to host them.

Australia, Austria, Cameroon, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Peru, Portugal, the list goes on...

Quote    Reply   

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#13 [url]

Oct 31 16 10:40 PM

I just picked one of those countries at random. I chose Columbia. They have more than enough stadia of a decent size biggest being 52,000 that could be upgraded to hold a world cup. That probably wouldn't need air conditioning systems installed.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#15 [url]

Nov 1 16 10:48 PM

Dean B wrote:

No, I fully agree with the sentiment. It's an utter disgrace and I hope all British clubs go against FIFA and then see what happens!

Quote    Reply   

Dean B

Gott in Himmel!

#16 [url]

Nov 2 16 8:53 AM

It really sickens me. They FIFA say the poppy is a political statement. Now I firmly believe every time we hear a National Anthem, FIFA anthem, UEFA anthem that is also a political statement as is flying a national flag. This is remembering millions who died and continue to die in the name of peace. Yet FIFA and UEFA will both insist on a minutes silence when some FIFA or UEFA official no one outside of those organisations dies. This decision made by an organisation that raises money so they can corruptly feather their own nests is a disgrace the Red Cross poppy appeal raises millions and is used to aid people not just in this country, but throughout the world. I hope the FA's of England, Scotland and Wales all defy FIFA and have the poppy emblazoned on their shirts. Then if the officials at FIFA decide the correct punishment is a points deduction so be it. It is however more likely to be a fine as they cannot pocket points to feather their own nests. This organisation should have been shut down along with UEFA who are just as bad.

Quote    Reply   

Posh Imp

Time I got out more!

#17 [url]

Nov 2 16 11:37 AM

Dean B wrote:
It really sickens me. They FIFA say the poppy is a political statement. Now I firmly believe every time we hear a National Anthem, FIFA anthem, UEFA anthem that is also a political statement as is flying a national flag. This is remembering millions who died and continue to die in the name of peace. Yet FIFA and UEFA will both insist on a minutes silence when some FIFA or UEFA official no one outside of those organisations dies. This decision made by an organisation that raises money so they can corruptly feather their own nests is a disgrace the Red Cross poppy appeal raises millions and is used to aid people not just in this country, but throughout the world. I hope the FA's of England, Scotland and Wales all defy FIFA and have the poppy emblazoned on their shirts. Then if the officials at FIFA decide the correct punishment is a points deduction so be it. It is however more likely to be a fine as they cannot pocket points to feather their own nests. This organisation should have been shut down along with UEFA who are just as bad.

Very heartfelt, but true nonetheless. Well said!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help